Read 180 Overview
The next virtual Class Meeting will be on Wednesday, April 8th at 11 am
Zoom/ Videoconferencing Etiquette:
- Look at the camera and smile sometimes!
- Take turns speaking- use the "raise your hand" option if there are a lot of people on screen.
- Please mute your microphone when there is a lot of noise in or outside of your home.
- Please consider your background. Anything not appropriate to bring to school, shouldn't be in the camera's view. You may use virtual backgrounds!
- Be mindful if you are late to the meeting that time is limited.
If the link doesn't work go to Zoom's website to find the meeting and enter the Meeting ID below!
Next meeting: Wednesday, April 8th at 11 am
Please Note: For Security reasons, you will need to enter a waiting room where I will "let you in." If I don't recognize you name, I will not allow you into the meeting. (sorry!)
Also, Zoom now requires you use the password below!
Kim Worrell is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Kim Worrell's Zoom Meeting
Time: Apr 8, 2020 11:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 464 855 592
https://www.hmhco.com/coronavirus Follow this link it you are having difficulty accessing the online software.
New 3/23/2020: Scholastic Book Club will now deliver directly to your home. Our classroom still gets "Bonus Points" which helps us to get free books! Check it out!
Scholastic Book Cub Use Class Code J3YD3
New for 2017-18: Introduction to Read 180 Universal Video http://youtu.be/0-IaXX6hXco
For more information about the program : http://www.hmhco.com/products/read-180/
Morrisville Intermediate School uses Read 180 for students in grades 6-8.
Read 180 Overview
Read 180 is a reading program for students reading below grade level in grades 4 through 12.
There several components of the READ 180 program including:
- Software to build skills and provide practice in essential areas such as reading comprehension, fluency, vocabulary, phonics, and spelling.
- Audiobooks to allow students to read along with the help of a narrator and reading coach, who model strategies used by successful readers.
- Paperbacks to allow students to select books to read independently. Students will have access to appropriate level, high-interest books.
Together all of these components will help build the skills to become a successful reader. Additionally, studies show that the program also improves a student’s motivation and desire to succeed.
If you are interested in learning more about the program visit Read 180’s Family Portal. (Link above)
To learn more about the Lexile Framework http://www.lexile.com/about-lexile/lexile-overview/
To search for books at your Lexile go to http://www.lexile.com/fab/
<a title="ESCAPE the Room!"